Sunday, March 10, 2013

walking with Charlie

I was hoping to get one more
snowshoe hike done
before the warmer weather
and rain showed up..
but the day didn't go as I planned
 
I broke 2 clasps
on the snowshoe harness
as I was tightening them around my boot..
(same harness, 2 different clasps)
 
since I didn't want to take a chance
on a 3rd clasp breaking,
while out in the bush..
I decided, instead,
 to take Charlie for a walk
down to Jamieson Lake
 
it was a cloudy day,
although much warmer
high of + 11 C
 
the snow is melted off the road,
but there are still high banks along the edge
 
Jamieson Lake is still covered..
 
except for near the culvert
 
it's nice that the shoulder of the road is showing,
gives us a bit of wiggle room,
to move over,
when a vehicle goes by.
 
 
haha Charlie has the same stance in both photos
as he waits patiently for me to take a picture
 
 
he wasn't going to stand, and wait,
for the next picture..
he wanted to get home for a drink
 
 
he enjoyed the walk though..
it was the first long one he'd been on
in months..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment