Friday, March 8, 2013

snowshoeing again

another gorgeous day
high of +4 C
and not a cloud in the sky!
 
headed up towards the Sap Shanty this time
first time in a long time,
no old snowshoe tracks to make
the hiking easier
 
 
yep, there's a fair amount of snow
that is needed to melt
before spring arrives in the bush
the picnic table on the left
is totally covered
 
kept on going past the Sap Shanty
up the big hill
towards the pond hole
stopped halfway up to look back
no tracks in front (above)
and only my tracks behind (below)
 
arrived at the pond hole
to find a tree was down
 
 at the edge of the property,
 found another tree down..
blocking the trail that goes on to crown land..
(trail curves to the left almost like the
shadow is curving towards)
 
the tip of the downed tree is on the left,
our boundry markers on on the tree on the right
 
 
since I reached the spot I wanted to get to,
I turn around and head home
 
soaking up the gorgeous sunshine
along the way
 
yep, that downed tree at the pond hole
will have to be removed this spring/summer
our 4-wheeler will not be able to get by it at all
 
Ron's tree is still standing..
it's high on Ron's "hit list" of trees
that will be coming down this year ;)
 
I wanted to measure how deep the snow
was in spots,
so I used my snowshoe
my boots are size 8..
 
in this spot..
the snow is up to where there are 4 holes
in the webbing of the snowshoe..,
going back to the picture above,
I can measure how deep the snow is here..
 
near the blackberry bushes,
it's a wee bit deeper
 
so glad that we have snowshoes
that allow us to walk
on the snow,
instead of sinking up to our knees
with each step
 
the forecast is calling for rain this weekend
and temperatures around + 8C..
so this might be my last snowshoe
walk of the season..
 
maybe....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment